Powered By Blogger

Monday 7 July 2014

Mozilla Club At BIES

A club inauguration at Balaji Institute Of Technological Sciences(BIES) on March 4th was a wonderful experience for me.A guy Mr.Bala Subramaniam from his college along with his team Mr.Sandeep,Mr.Venkat,Mr.Mayank Garg,Mr.Vijay Martha and Ms.Sameera approached me regarding club and the activities and contribution that they can do for mozilla and open source community.Their enthusiasm energized me.Immediately I shared this with my college mozillians and we as a team accepted their invitation.

Those people from BIES worked very hard to get permissions from their college management and I can understand how difficult it would be during the month of college fests ;).We planned to make it in feb itself,but due to few issues,we postponed it on march 4th.Me along with Ajay kumar-an active member of warangal community,Bhargav,Hemanth (without whom these events couldn't have been possible) reached the college by 9.30 AM,Mayank and Sandeep were present there to take us to the seminar hall.There I could find the entire team of BIES busy with preparations.I really liked the way they were planning.Each one of them were so active.I could see a beautiful stage and suddenly the hall is completely filled with huge number of students.I was called upon the dias along with the principals,directors,Ajay accompanied me.The jyothi prajwalana and the prayer song were performed,and it was so traditional.After each one of  us addressing,there came a surprise to me and to every one,the new contributors of BIES planned for a LOGO launch for their college club.

That was a fantastic idea!!And then my session started where i introduced them regarding open source,mozilla,it's mission all that stuff that could make them aware of community.Later Ajay covered the FSA project.I could see many students interested in the community.After the session we had a feedback session where i could see only few students giving it actually.But,when i went home,my inbox was full with mails asking me more details regarding mozilla and i was more than happy to share.I could see many girl students coming forward.

Even Bharath,Sudheer,Sharan few more contributors form my college attended this session.After this official ceremony,we headed to the canteen and thank you so much for the team of BIES for inviting us to your college and especially for the famous dosa of your college ;) :)

I thank the management of BIES and my team for their support,and congratulations for the team of BIES,it was fun hanging out with you people.My special thanks to Ashish sir,and thank you each one of you and hope that you are gonna make it to the top in the community.I thank my mentor Mr.Gautham raj for supporting me and giving me a chance to make a come back and for having faith in me.We welcome you all into mozilla community,an Awesome community with Awesome people like you :)
Thanks for reading my blog :D

The dias......
 Team of BIES
 On to the dias!
 Jyothi prajwalana

 Address time :)
 The LOGO launch :D
 Hall filled with students....




 My team....AJ,Bhargav,Hemanth!

 Our team with the awsome people of BIES,sameera ua missing :p

No comments:

Post a Comment